If you need any convincing of this combo, you only have to try and you'll be a believer (I'm positive). There is something about the salty, crunchy, sweet and smooth flavours (and texture) that make this a heavenly situation. We made our own chips, but you can use packet chips and you'll still get the same great result (I'd choose ready salted or a lightly salted flavour).
C h o c o l a t e c h i p s :
3-4 small potatoes (a floury variety is best, we used agria)
Oil for brushing chips
75-100g dark chocolate
1 tsp coconut oil or butter
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (fanbake)
2. Wash and thinly slice potatoes about 2mm thick
3. Place slices on lined oven trays, close to each other but not overlapping
4. Brush oil over each slice and lightly salt (you can always salt again at the end)
5. Place in oven for about 15-20 minutes. Turn slices half way through (or once they’re looking golden and crunchy- you may need to pull some from the oven earlier if they’re looking done).
6. Melt chocolate and coconut oil together, then dip the tip of each chip into the chocolate and place back on the tray.
7. Crack over a bit more rock salt and leave chocolate to cool.